Waltzing? Keep on Dreaming!

I really like my in-laws. They are sweet and friendly, and makes T all embarrassed. They were all also very happy and supportive when we announced that we were expecting baby H. I was given a book on pregnancies and giving birth, was sent cards and one of those “My baby’s first book”. When visiting I was treated like a princess (and T was told off for not waiting on me, and failing to run out and get me chocolate every five minutes – despite me not really fancying sweets at all at the time.) All of this despite the fact that baby H is not their first grandchild - there are gazillions of them!

However, there was one gift that was… well, let’s just say ‘different’. They had bought me two CDs with music which would be great to give birth to! Well, it’s the thought that counts, I guess. But firstly, I think giving birth while listening to music is just a lot of hippie/earth mother stuff that doesn’t really work in reality. (If nothing else it would totally ruin some of your favourite songs, forevermore connected to pain!) Secondly, if I was to chose any music, it certainly wouldn’t be THIS!


André Rieu! (Who is that, anyway?) I don’t know what’s the most frightening – his hair or the fact that there must already have been plans for a “Waltzing in Europe, disc 2” when this came out.

Well, T was nice and compensated by making a personal playlist on Spotify for me. (And no, it was never played.)

And for your information - Cat Stevens was only for emergency. In case I had to have a caesarian...


No comments: